20% Time/Genius Hour
1. Must have a driving question
2. Must involve research
3. Must be shared – in class & globally
What you’ll need
• End Goal
• Internet-connected device (can sign out from library OR classroom technologies downstairs)
Proposal Guidelines: Create a googledoc titled “20% time_lastname” that includes the following headings:
1. Driving Question: what do you want to know or be able to do by the end of this project?
2. Possible educational technologies/apps/software to use (list 2-4 ideas with URLs for the tool)
3. Proposed final product: how will you share what you learned or demonstrate the skill developed to others in our class and outside of Cal Poly?
4. Goals & timelines: what steps do you need to complete in order to successfully create your proposed final product?
Sample student projects
Evaluation: 20% time is worth 10 points of your final grade.
Progress reports are intended to make your learning process transparent and to help you reflect intentionally on what you are learning. They are submitted online to PolyLearn in an open forum for all students to read and respond to. Each progress report should include: